Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Re:  RFK  Community  Schools  - Public  Park

From:  Yoomee  Ha

Date:  03/09/201 6 07:25  PM

To:  Wilshire  Center  BID

Hi  Mike,

Good  to  hear  from  you.  Let  me  discuss  this  with  my  colleague  in  city  services.  I will  reach  out  to  him  next  week  as  I am
finishing  up  a project  this  week.

Please  feel  free  to  follow  up  with  me  at  the  end  of  next  week  if  I don't  get  back  to  you.

Yoomee

On  Wed,  Mar  9,  201 6 at  1 1 :30  AM,  Wilshire  Center  BID  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hi  Yoomee,

I hope  you  are  doing  well.

I met  with  Larry  Watts  & John  Guevara  with  People  For  Parks,  the  non-profit  organization  working  to  get  schools  opened
up  to  be  used  as  community  parks  all  over  Los  Angeles.  They  have  an  MOU  with  LAUSD.

Most  recently  they  have  opened  Berendo  MS  and  Leo  Politi  ES  for  4 hours  on  Saturday’s.  The  cost  to  open  it  for  4 hours
once  a week  is  $6,000  a year.

We  are  working  on  the  idea  of  opening  up  the  RFK  Community  Schools  front  lawns  (on  Wilshire)  on  Saturday  and  Sunday
to  be  used  as  a community  park.

The  cost  to  open  it  one  day  a week  on  Saturday  for  a year  is  $1 2,000.  The  cost  to  do  it  for  the  two  days  on  Saturday  and
Sunday  for  year  is  $20,000.  That  covers  site  supervision  and  custodial.

The  Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  District  will  contribute  some  funds  and  we  will  be  doing  community  fundraising
in  the  near  future  for  the  rest.

Please  let  me  know  what  you  think  about  this  idea  and  if  this  is  something  that  you  as  part  of  the  Mayors  office  can  be
involved  with  starting  that  converstaion.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1 032
Los  Angeles,  CA  9001 0

Yoomee  Ha

Central  Area  Representative

Office  of  Los  Angeles  Mayor  Eric  Garcetti

(213)  978-0430